The following rules are to be acknowledged and respected by everyone entering The Badlands. By signing a release of liability and waiver, you are agreeing that you understand and agree to obey all these rules.
- No one under the age of 18 is allowed to check-in without a parent or proof of legal guardianship. No one (including a stepparent) can check-in someone else’s child without signed and notarized consent forms and waiver, and medical info.
- All participants (driver/rider/passenger) must fill out a current waiver and check in at the office. Everyone 18 and older must show a valid ID at time of check.
- All minors (driver/rider/passenger) must bring signed and notarized minor forms with them if not accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- All vehicles must display an orange safety flag.
- SUV/4x4’s and UTVs/Side by Sides must have the flag at least two feet above the highest point of the vehicle (not just the roof).
- ATVs must have the flag at least two feet above the helmet.
- All children’s vehicles must have the standard 6’+ pole.
- Flags are not required on a dirt bike.
- Helmets must be worn at all times when ATVs, dirt bikes, and Side by Sides are in motion. Any DOT approved helmet is acceptable.
- Seat belts must be worn at all times while driving on The Badlands property. Infants and child passengers must be restrained in an appropriate child safety seat.
- Everyone is required to wear a shirt and closed shoes.
- No alcohol, illegal drugs, firearms, or weapons are allowed on The Badlands property. No person may be under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any substances that may hinder thinking ability or reaction time. Coolers will be checked prior to entering the Park.
- All SUV/4x4’s must be registered and insured. ATV’s should be registered according to YOUR State law. We are not a law enforcement agency.
- All SUV/4x4’s must have at least one tow point (examples: tow hook or receiver hitch). Front and rear tow points are mandatory for the harder trails along with a winch and locker.
- All SUVs must have the following: proper roll-over protection (i.e. roll bar, roof) that includes passengers, battery tie down (no bungee cords), seat belts for everyone in the vehicle, tow point(s), a trash bag for liquid spills, and flag.
- Absolutely no sand rails or dune buggies are allowed at the Badlands™. If your machine is questionable, please call The Badlands office.
- The speed limit is 15 mph in the parking areas and on all main and two-way roads. All vehicles/machines must be in control at all times.
- Parking lots are for parking. No tricks or horseplay will be tolerated. Please be respectful, not causing commotion or damage to other vehicles. You will be held responsible.
- All trails are two-way use. No blind jumping.
- Please tread lightly. Please use tree saver straps, the correct size tree, etc. No one is allowed to cut down a tree for any reason.
- Travel only where motorized vehicles are permitted. Do not blaze a new trail. Do not ride in a field! You will be prosecuted by the field owner.
- Cross streams only at designated crossings. Avoid lake and swamp areas.
- No disorderly conduct. No littering. No tobacco products may be deposited on The Badlands property, (cigarette butts, cigars, chewing tobacco, etc.). This includes the parking lot as well as the trails.
- No double riding on vehicles designed for one person anywhere on The Badlands property.
Everyone is expected to drive responsibly and respect the rights of others and the environment. This enables all to enjoy their time at The Badlands and protects and preserves the environment.
These rules are taken very seriously. Participants who disregard the rules of The Badlands, or pose a safety threat to themselves or others, will at minimum be ejected from the Park without a refund and may be suspended from future visits to The Badlands. In addition to ejection or suspension, the following fines may be assessed:
- $20 per vehicle/machine for every 30 minutes you are late to exit the Park through the gate.
- Please note our closing time for each day. Our staff would like to go home at the end of their workday just like you.
- $50 minimum fine for littering anywhere on The Badlands property.
- $20 fine for disorderly conduct.
Reminders regarding Minors!
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted to check-in without a parent, legal guardian, or authorized adult present on site all day.
- No one can check-in someone else’s child without the following forms notarized and signed: Consent Form, Liability Waiver, and Medical Info. (This includes stepparents unless you are the legal guardian.)
- Minor Forms can be downloaded from our website. If you are unable to download and print the forms, contact The Badlands office (765-762-2981) and we will fax or US mail you the forms.